Sailstar arranges introductory and basic courses as well as some continuing courses and exercises. Our goal is that after completing the basic course you will be able to rig your boat (hoist sail), launch it if it's a dinghy, be able to sail out of the harbor (all boats), understand how to steer and navigate and take you around an island and then come back to the harbor. You should also be able to handle the boat at the port and manage navigation helpfully.
The introductory courses are two days, the first two days on a basic course. To attend an introductory course, mail us at Sailstar and we will be able to register you to an optional basic course but you only attend the first two days. The basic courses we arrange are four days (Sweden and Tenerife) or six days (weekly courses in Croatia and Tenerife).
- Basics of sailing, sailing in different directions
- Basics of sailing, go higher and lower
- Basics of sailing, tacks and gybes, windeye
- Winds, wind forces, read winds
- Read weather, interpret a forecast*
- Terms of sailing
- Seafare and safety, man-over-board (man-over-board not on dinghy courses)*
- Throw ropes*
- Give-way rules
- Sail care*
- Navigation light*
- Boat handling, maneuvering and docking, anchorage (anchorage not dinghy)*
- Trim of the boat and sail, the bow of the sail, cunningham, outhaul, kick, rigg tension, balance in the boat*
- Practice in sailing. For dinghy courses we practice capsizing.
The course day is seven to eight hours. The requirement to go is that you can swim 200 meters.
The basic course gives you the opportunity to obtain Sailing Certificate 1 (Yachtsmans diploma level 1 issued by NFB and if you already have a yachtsmans certificate and Sailor Certificate 1 it entitles you to obtain Sailing Certificate 2. (Does not apply to the dinghy courses). Both have an additional price of 300: - plus the blue book of SEK 50 The basic course at Sailstar gives you 10% discount on Croatian courses and 15% discount on other courses.
- Introductory course, two days SEK 3 250 *
- Basic course dinghy four days (2 + 2 days), SEK 4 950 *
- Basic course midsize sailboat, four days, SEK 4 950 *
- Advanced race course, four days (2 + 2 days), SEK 4 950 *
- Basic course 50 ft yacht, four days, SEK 6 450 **
- Advanced course, night sailing, 50 ft yacht, four days, SEK 6 450 **
- Basic course 44 ft yacht, Croata, six days, SEK 8 450 ***
- Rent our boat Diva 24 after your sailing course. Three days, SEK 4 950
- Continuing courses and training, contact us.
- Prices including VAT
The introductory course, 2 first days of basic course can be runned at the dinghy basic course and the mid-size sailboat course.
** The price includes basic course in sailing, accommodation on the boat for three nights. Food is added to cost price of 400: - and a dinner we eat at one of Stockholm archipelago's taverns..
*** Price includes basic course, boat rental seven nights Saturday-Saturday and boat rental. Additionally, travel to Trogir, food at self-cost price and part of harbor rentals.