Sailstar's core is our sailing dinghy courses, which we started 2010. Since then,
thousands of children and adults have participated in our dinghy classes. Learning to sail in a
sailor is very intuitive and what we consider the best way to learn sailing. Dinghy sailing is
definitely not just for children but a fun tool for sailing!
We sail with singlehanded dinghies - Laser BUG and doublehanded dinghies - RS Zest. Both are made of
Comptec polycomposite and very durable and safe, unsinkable. We start from Viggbyholm, Täby
and the dinghy courses run parallel to the courses in smaller sailboats and it It is possible to
try a midsize keelboat during the course. We have life jackets and wetsuits for all participants.
The courses will give you the Sailing Certificate 1. (Sailing certificates for an additional fee, see the notification.)
- Previous knowledge No prerequisites, this is a basic course. However, participants may swim 200 meters in open water.
- Location: Viggbyholm, Täby. Daily courses 09.00 - 16.00
- Price: 4 950 SEK
- Documentation: Our own course book "Lära sig segling cool, fun" included, value 139 SEK.
- Course language: Most of our courses are primarily in Swedish but some of the courses are primarily in English. On the registration pages you will see which language is the primary course. The instructors are Swedish and English speaking.
- Coirse contentsYou learn to sail with dinghies, the foundation of all sailing. We learn basics in navigation, give-way, rigging, etc.See more of the contents here!
- Booking: See course offerings and book here. You pay SEK 1,500 in registration fee and remaining course costs no later than 14 days before the start of the course. In case of late registration, the full amount is paid at one time.
- Introduction course: It is possible to attend only the first two days, we call this for an introductory course. The price is 3 250 SEK. Contact us by email if you wish to go to an introductory course!
- Observe! Sailing in dinghy is a physical activity and you should be in good shape physically to be able to participate.