Sailstar's core is our sailing dinghy courses, which we started 2010. Since then,
thousands of children and adults have participated in our dinghy classes. Learning to sail in a
sailor is very intuitive and what we consider the best way to learn sailing. Dinghy sailing is
definitely not just for children but a fun tool for sailing!
We sail with singlehanded dinghies - Laser BUG and doublehanded dinghies - RS Zest. Both are made of
Comptec polycomposite and very durable and safe, unsinkable. Our base is at Viggbyholm, Täby.
We have life jackets and wetsuits for all participants.
The courses will give you the Sailing Certificate 1. (Sailing certificates for an additional fee, see the booking site.)
- Previous knowledge No prerequisites, this is a basic course. However, participants must be able to swim 200 meters in open water.
- Location: Viggbyholm, Täby (20 km northeast of Stockholm city) Daily courses 09.00 - 16.00
- Price: 4 250/5 450 SEK
- Documentation: Our own course book "The basics of sailing" included, value 259 SEK.
- Course language: Most of our courses are primarily in Swedish but some of the courses are primarily in English. On the registration pages you will see which language is the primary course. The instructors are Swedish and English speaking.
- Course contentsYou learn to sail with dinghies, the foundation of all sailing. We learn basics in navigation, give-way, rigging, etc.See more of the contents here!
- Booking: See course offerings and book here. You pay SEK 2.000 in registration fee and remaining course costs no later than 14 days before the start of the course. In case of late registration, the full amount is paid at one time.
- Observe! Sailing in dinghy is a physical activity and you should be in good shape physically to be able to participate.